Link promotion is one of the most effective methods of increasing the position of your site in search engines.
The sites from which visitors go to your web page are called donor sites, and your resource – the recipient site (or acceptor site). The total number of links that lead to your site is called link mass. And the more it is – the better. However, arrange a link explosion does not work – search engines analyze a number of parameters by which “judge” the quality of links. Among these parameters: the compliance of links to the subject of your site, the quality of “anchor” and circumlink texts, link weight, “authority” of donor sites, etc.
Important: the external optimization of the site with link building is effective, provided that you have already worked through the internal optimization of the site.
Top links for site promotion
PS analyze the links that lead to your site. They come in several types:
“Perpetual” links. You place a link to your site on one of the pages of the donor site forever (and you pay a large sum for it once). The pros of this type: these links work for a very long time – all the time the donor site exists. Cons: The site may change ownership, or the page with a link may no longer be relevant and be removed. In addition, “eternal” links are quite expensive.
Rental links. In the case of rent, in agreement with the owner or administrator of the site, you will pay for each link placed regularly – say, once a month. Rental costs are lower than the one-time payment for a “perpetual” link, and it is possible to manage budgets, distributing funds among several “donors”.
Natural links. Let’s say you sell a mobile app and put a link on an informational site in an article reviewing the app. Visitors click on the link and read the text on your site.
Free links. You can link to your site yourself in free directories, forums or blogs and even in the text of social media posts.
Types of anchors
Before placing links on external resources, it is worth taking care of competent composition of anchors (anchors) – the text of the links. There are two rules for anchors: their text should not be repeated within the same site, and should contain key queries.
Consider the basic types of anchors:
- With the exact entry of the query. This is when a search query is used in the anchor text without change.
- With diluted occurrence. Some clarifying or “diluting” word is added to the text of the key.
- Queries with morphological inclusion allow you to change the case or number of keywords in the query.
- With synonyms and near-topic words (LSI words).
- With references to brands. Here, the link text will be the name of the brand, company or product itself.
- Without reference to the query. This anchor spells out more general phrases, without specifying geographic location or other specifics .